PDA

View Full Version : Kodak M1033 and Fedora 9

fosster
2nd August 2008, 09:29 PM
I have a Kodak EasyShare M1033 digital camera. In Fedora 8, when I plugged it in with USB and turned it on, a folder was created in the Pictures folder, and all the photos on the camera were put there. I was impressed that all this happened automatically.

I upgraded to Fedora 9, and now that automatic import doesn't happen. After plugging in and turning on the camera, a Kodak Co. Digital Camera icon does appear in the Computer folder. If I open it, I see a couple of obscurely named folders which I would rather not mess with.

Does anyone know why the nice automatic import in Fedora 8 isn't working in 9?

Wayne
3rd August 2008, 12:48 AM
Search the forum for "digital camera" There are a couple of running threads that may contain the answer....

Wayne

fosster
3rd August 2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks Wayne. After reading the thread

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189147

I used File > Import Photos in gThumb, and the photos were imported without any problem.

Do you think the photos not being imported automatically as in F8 is a bug that should be reported to Bugzilla, or do you think it was a change deliberately made in F9? For someone unfamiliar with the graphics applications in Linux, it's nice for the photos to be imported automatically. It's nice in any case for there to be some visible response to plugging in the camera and turning it on.