PDA

View Full Version : reiserfs with fc9

pokemon1
31st July 2008, 04:43 AM
i have 3 sata drives in my fc9 due to power outages the machine unproper shutdown. now when i open the machine they given me error such as filesystem are currput need to run reiserfsck with --rebuild-tree. and go to CTRL+D to mantanance mode i need to disable these harddrives couz i install reiserfs on my cache drives and os installed on my another harddrive. i entered in mantanance mode file system 1 # and want to edit fstab but this file is read-only mode , can any one tell me how to disable my drives from fstab file

a thing
31st July 2008, 08:28 AM
You could just run fsck from a live CD.

pokemon1
31st July 2008, 09:12 AM
thanks dude samethink i done after but when i run live cd the harddrive could not be mount thats why iam asking to disable my resierfs drives from fstab but the only matter that was on readonly mode

Nokia
31st July 2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I just want to point out that reiserfs it's not very well supported on Fedora/Redhat therefore it would be wise -when you solve your problem- to switch to Ext3 or LVM.

pokemon1
31st July 2008, 11:15 AM
thx can you explane how to edit fstab in maintanance mode the file is read only

Nokia
31st July 2008, 12:44 PM
Since Linux 2.4.0 it is possible to remount part of the file hierarchy somewhere else. The call is
mount --bind olddir newdir
After this call the same contents is accessible in two places. One can also remount a single file (on a single file).

Or you could try
umount /dev/sdX # where X is the number of the partition
mkdir /test
mount /dev/sdX /test -o rw

pokemon1
31st July 2008, 07:48 PM
thx can you give me the command how to display partation and harddisk information i am trying command fdisk is not workin on live cd fc9 any idea ?

pokemon1
1st August 2008, 10:10 PM
hi again still no progress. i try to mount partation from LIVE cd but i found something special thats was my old harddisk have LVM so i install another fedora on another harddrive then connect my old harddisk in slave now i got error that we have 2 drives but the volume group are also same give me idea how to change this LVM for tempory after changing in fstab rename again with old one

gibz85
2nd August 2008, 09:45 AM
If you want to endit the fstab you should remount the patition rw mode.. do this

mount -o remount,rw /

and edit the fstab

pokemon1
2nd August 2008, 11:35 AM
thx dude its working now :D