PDA

View Full Version : how to install .deb and .cpkg files

m.nassar
29th July 2008, 10:45 PM
hi guyz i'm having a small question here i wanna know how to install packages from .deb or .cpkg sources ? and another thing do u guyz know how to install cedega on core 9 ? thanx in advance

Wayne
30th July 2008, 12:31 AM
Firstly, you need to read the forum guidelines, especially this part:

Try to make understanding as easy as possible. We're an international forum with users from all over the world and not all of us are fluent in English. Write in as proper English as you are capable of. Honest mistakes are fine, we all make them.

Remember:

* Write in English.
* Add whitespace to your posts. Use enter for paragraphs.
* Capitalize Correctly. All uppercase is considered screaming and very rude. All lower is hard to read.
* Use correct punctuation. Never use more than one question mark or exclamation mark and only at the end of a sentence.
* Never use "leet-speak" or slang. The purpose of language is beeing understood, not sounding cool.
* Never invent acronyms, use as few acronyms as possible. It's called a problem, not a "pb" and a question, not a "Q".
* Never use colors in all of your posts. Colors are there to highlight something important.
* Read your post over before posting it. Try to catch typos.

If you want to install .deb files, install Debian or Ubuntu...

Wayne

m.nassar
30th July 2008, 01:20 PM
thanx for your note Mr.Wayne but honestly i don't know how did i violate the guidelines especially the ones u highleted in red

Wayne
30th July 2008, 01:26 PM
Let's see. No capitalisation. Things like "do u guyz" and "hi guyz" and "thanx" and "i wanna know"

So, spell words properly, capitalise properly and follow the forum guidelines when instructed to do so!

Wayne

leigh123linux
30th July 2008, 04:10 PM
For .deb convert to .rpm with alien !

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=182790