PDA

View Full Version : random text input jump

blitzo
29th July 2008, 06:49 PM
I have been having a minor but annoying issue with Fedora 8. When I am typing text into a field the input cursor will move up into a higher field. I first noticed this inside of Open Office from moving up cells and paragraphs. Then I noticed it doing it on web forms and other apps. This appears to be happening randomly and I haven't found a way to duplicate it. It only happens when I am actually typing and the cursor has only moved up, never moving down from the current insertion point. I am not too concerned about this but it does get annoying. I don't think it is a hard ware issue but I haven't ruled that out yet. Any one have any more info on anything related to this?

EnglandA
29th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Are you using a laptop? Is it possible your interacting with the touch pad while tying? Although this would be a little odd as I'd expect it to move up and down the screen.

blitzo
29th July 2008, 09:48 PM
I should have mentioned that I am on a laptop and have ruled out physically touching the pad and the mouse. Like you said it would be a little odd as it would move up and down the screen not only that but usually a mouse cursor won't control the text insertion point. It moves as if I am hitting the tab key, but instead of moving right or down to the text input field it moves up and it only moves to the next input enabled box, if I am writing a paragraph for instance on this forum it will jump into the address bar on my browser. This only happens about once or twice a day on average. I have gone several days with out it happening.