PDA

View Full Version : can't print in evince

voodoodoc
28th July 2008, 07:36 PM
Printing works fine in any other application. Even command line lp/lpr work. But for some reason evince just fails to print. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hlingler
29th July 2008, 10:58 AM
Yes. Do a forum search. Been that way since April. Suggest using another PDF reader (xpdf, kpdf, etc.).

Actually, evince prints just fine. However, it only outputs error messages. Usually reams of them, one per page. Useful only if you're low on toilet paper.

V

voodoodoc
29th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Yes. Do a forum search. Been that way since April. Suggest using another PDF reader (xpdf, kpdf, etc.).

Actually, evince prints just fine. However, it only outputs error messages. Usually reams of them, one per page. Useful only if you're low on toilet paper.

My problem is that nothing happens when I choose to print. The job never gets created or anything. There are no error messages. If you have seen another post with this please post a pointer, I didn't see anything that involved nothing happening when trying to print.

The problem isn't limited to PDFs, its anything I try to print, even post script.

Hlingler
30th July 2008, 04:09 AM
Perhaps it is a different problem - or perhaps they're two related problems. See: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186209

Might want to do a quick check of bugzilla.redhat.com.

V