PDA

View Full Version : Echo Update Lost Fedora Logo

michelangelo
26th July 2008, 02:38 AM
Can anyone help.

I have updated the echo icon theme on my F8 machine from raw hide, and found that the Fedora logo has disapeared from the top panel and been replace by the defualt Gnome logo.

Thanks

Demz
26th July 2008, 03:04 AM
Can anyone help.

I have updated the echo icon theme on my F8 machine from raw hide, and found that the Fedora logo has disapeared from the top panel and been replace by the defualt Gnome logo.

Thanks
do this for me
yum repolist

michelangelo
26th July 2008, 04:29 AM
Below is the console output of "yum repolist"

Thanks for your help

Loading "presto" plugin
repo id repo name status
InstallMedia Fedora 8 enabled
Mono Mono Stack (Fedora_8) enabled
fedora Fedora 8 - i386 enabled
updates Fedora 8 - i386 - Updates enabled

michelangelo
26th July 2008, 04:51 AM
After I posted I thought, Rawhide isn't there so I used Yumex to enable Rawhide. There was an Echo icon theme update so I went and updated. The default Gnome logo has been replace by the Echo start here icon.

I guess this is the Art team trying out the icons. From my point of view perhaps they should stick with the fedora logo. I also like the old Echo computer icon better...

Demz
26th July 2008, 06:10 AM
After I posted I thought, Rawhide isn't there so I used Yumex to enable Rawhide. There was an Echo icon theme update so I went and updated. The default Gnome logo has been replace by the Echo start here icon.

I guess this is the Art team trying out the icons. From my point of view perhaps they should stick with the fedora logo. I also like the old Echo computer icon better...
by the way, you didnt choose the Gnome The in Look & Feel dod you? thats the only thing i can htink of how its changed

glennzo
26th July 2008, 06:45 AM
Michaelangelo, you're not leaving Rawhide enabled I hope? You'll end up running Fedora 10 in it's pre-infancy state.

michelangelo
27th July 2008, 02:22 AM
No Fedora Theme with Echo Icons

Thanks

Michael

michelangelo
27th July 2008, 02:23 AM
No I disabled it after the update.

Thanks

Michael