PDA

View Full Version : Konquerer Options

Optimistic
18th July 2004, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know terminal commands to have konquerer open at a particular path? Basically I want to creat a Bookmark section in my Fluxbox menu so that I can jump right to particular folders.

imdeemvp
18th July 2004, 03:29 PM
type this in the terminal:

kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing <- this should open up konquerer from terminal

Optimistic
18th July 2004, 03:42 PM
My appologies, I'll try to be more clear.

I want to have a bookmark sub-menu in my Fluxbox menu so that I can jump into particular folders directly instead of just opening Konqueer in my home directory and going from there. My idea for the menu will be something like:

[submenu] (Bookmarks)
[exec] (Home) {konquerer -? /home/ME}
[exec] (Music) [konquere -? /home/ME/Music}
[end]

So, what can I put in for the -? so that Konquerer opens the folder that I specify with the path? Will {konquerer -path /home/ME/Music} work? I know that I can do this with Krusader, you just need to do something like {krusader -left /home/ME -right /home/ME/Music} so that the left window loads the home/ME directory and the right path loads the /home/ME/Music directory. I want something similar with konquerer. I tried to find man pages for konquerer but couldn't. All the net offered was gui stuff. I need code options.

Picomp314
18th July 2004, 03:46 PM
all you have to do is
konqueror file://home/ME/Music/

Optimistic
18th July 2004, 03:48 PM
Excellent, Thank you!