PDA

View Full Version : redhat-config-packages problem

halmsx
25th February 2004, 08:00 AM
hi

i installed fedora core 1 on my machines using the cd made from the iso images.

1. when i run the redhat-config-packages, and chose to install sme packages, it will request for the cd. but even if i inter the cd, it will gives an error mesg that the cd is incorrect.b whut the problem and how do i solve this.

2. is it possible to run redhat-config-packages from a folder with ALL the RPMS in it? will it be able to install the packages selected?

genci
25th February 2004, 08:21 AM
Fedora Core 1 consists of 3 CD's, the package manager should tell you what CD it wants - so if it asks for CD3 and you put in CD3 does it still give you the incorrect disk message?

There is nothing stopping you browsing the CD's and finding the RPM required and copying it to the hard drive. You can then install the RPM yourself.

halmsx
25th February 2004, 09:57 AM
yeah, that is whut happened. neways, im manually using rpm at the shell. ill survive :)

Ug
25th February 2004, 10:51 AM
Your making it very hard on yourself for the sake of two ISOs.

mhelios
26th February 2004, 01:29 PM
This is a known bug in that package. The latest version fixes the problem. Run `rpm -q redhat-config-packages` to find out the current version. The latest version that includes the fix is redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1.

acelere
3rd June 2004, 09:24 PM
hi
i've got Fedora Core 1.92 isos and when i try to install more packages, redhat-config-packages asks for Fedora Core 2. I've checked the .discinfo and it really is 1.92. I've tried to copy the cd to the hd and manually change the .discinfo file to Fedora Core 2 and using redhat-config-packages -tree=/hd_dir, but i get "the path tree=/hd_dir/... does not look like a valid installation source.
Is there any way to tell redhat-config-packages where to get the packages from, so i could use my 1.92 iso?

JonR
3rd June 2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by mhelios
This is a known bug in that package. The latest version fixes the problem. Run `rpm -q redhat-config-packages` to find out the current version. The latest version that includes the fix is redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1.

If you run up2date (click the irritating red screamer on the right of the taskbar) you can update to redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1 and to the latest yum and up2date rpms as well. The problem is a bug in redhat-config-packages-1.2.6 where rcp is searching for rpms in a "redhat" rather than a "fedora" directory. 1.2.7 fixes this.

acelere
3rd June 2004, 10:07 PM
I forgot to say I already had done that. I've got 1.2.7-1 running.
It doesn't work...
I still think the problem is the .discinfo file having the name Fedora Core 1.92 in it.... and redhat-config-packages seems to me is looking for Fedora Core 2...