PDA

View Full Version : MegaRIAD Ultra PCI

adaz
17th July 2004, 12:20 AM
Upgraded the BOX that was running Fedora. Now with this new BOX I have a problem with installing Fedora cause of the MegaRAID drivers..

All that happen on startup is: Unix Boots and finds the RAID card, but then it hangs/stops/freezes/does nothing.

Left it over night just to see if it was something that was going to take a long time (like unix does), but still on the same screen in the morning..

Since then I have had to install RH9 (with no problems) The MegaRAID drivers seem to work fine with RH9 and my card..

It has realy got me wondering what the problem can be. If anyone has had the same problem or something on them lines.. Anyhelp would be greatly thanked.

Adaz Man
-----------
Asusnet BotNET Services

Arthur
18th July 2004, 10:44 PM
Was a while back now though, only used it on FC1, before I sold it. However got a couple of suggestions.

If my memory serves me right, there was two drivers you could use: megaraid.ko and aacraid.ko. The latter was for later versions of the card. Which one are you using? Check /etc/modprobe.conf for the 'alias scsi-adaptor ...' line. Maybe try the other.

Are you certain its the scsi card? Does the machine boot ok, if you remove the card? (Assuming you don't need drives attached to boot from).

The card has a pretty extensive bios control panel, have you checked through this to see if it thinks everything is setup correctly. ctrl+m on bootup I think.

adaz
25th July 2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Arthur..

I have posted in another part of this forum with the detail of the computer and card.. here (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19329&highlight=megaraid)

So far I have tested FC1 & FC2 with the exact problem.. But I have also D/L FC3 (test) and installed that with no problem. So the drivers for the megaRAID works fine in FC3.

I am not sure how to make a boot disk for unix with the RIGHT megaRIAD drivers.. I have RH9 installed on the box at the minute (all seems to be working fine)

I would love anymore help that you can give us.. RH is starting to sh^t me :)

Adaz Man
-----------------

leethao
28th July 2004, 02:12 AM
When I boot smp kernel, megaraid fails to load with error:

megaraid: Couldn't register IRQ 0

but load fine when I boot with non-smp kernel. Any help would be appreciated. I just updated the kernels to ver 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 and still same problem.