PDA

View Full Version : Keyring Manager - Options to disable for openvpn

tonypmartin
25th June 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I am setting up a laptop to be used for remote vpn access. I have employed certificate password and pam-auth login. (paranoid - that's me!)

Anyway, because when I use network manager to vpn-connect, the keyring pops up and nicely offers to save these passwords.

Since this then undermines my attempt to have multiple hurdles to stop non autorised users getting vpn access, I would like to disable the keyring manager for vpn. But would like to retain it for wireless connection.

I don't really know where to start, so any suggestions or pointers would be welcome

Thanks Tonypm

Iron_Mike
25th June 2008, 02:30 PM
Tony,

Are you using Fedora 8, or Fedora 9? Asking because F9 now uses "login.keyring" which is directly tied to the users login password so it should be transparent. F8 used the "default.keyring" and had to have the pam.d file modified to allow opening the keyring automatically.

tonypmartin
27th June 2008, 06:01 AM
Iron_Mike,

I am using Fedora 8 at the moment, but will probably use F9 on the laptop I am setting up.

Either way, it is not the linking with the login that I want to change, but the linking of vpn with the keyring. I do not know how that connection is made. Whether there is a list of applications that use keyring, in a keyring conf file, or whether it is actually Network manager that needs telling not to use the keyring for openvpn.

Tony

Seve
27th June 2008, 06:28 AM
Hello:

Have a read through here and see if it helps you ?
http://dnmouse.webs.com/keyring.html

Seve