PDA

View Full Version : Open Office (international)

pupunk98
16th July 2004, 09:09 PM
I am using Open Office bundled inside the Fedora Core2, however when I opened Open Office in Japanese as language during login, the font in the menu won't show up.

Is there a way to fix this ? , I also did an installation of OO in Japanese and that is working with Japanese font in the menu, however I think open Office should be able to display the menu in English although the system language is in Japanese.

One issue more is the file I created from Windows environment did not display well in Open Office, and 99% the Japanese font were dissapeared.
Do I need to do some kind of installation of extra Windows fonts ? How to do that ?

Thanks in advance,

bryancole
18th July 2004, 05:21 AM
you could try installing the missing fonts using the OOo Printer/Fonts-Admin program (should be in the Applications->Office menus along with Writer, Calc etc.).

There are other bugs in the Fedora version of OOo which do not exist in the "standard" OOo distribution (e.g. Styles in Draw in FC2 are totally unusable. try it and see...), thus I'd recommend un-installing the Fedora one and getting a copy of the original from www.openoffice.org (besides, OOo-1.1.2 is available, while FC2 only includes OOo-1.1.1).

There's more to life than alpha-blended icons!
BC

JonR
19th July 2004, 10:52 PM
Look out if you remove the FC bundled version and replace it with one from OO. I did that at FC1 and first lost all the help files, then found OO had become unrunnable. Check out my thread at the OOForums for more details...
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8115&highlight=

WebWind
20th July 2004, 10:26 PM
I think that OOo 1.1.1 bundled in CD's is strange.
For example templates for Presentations are missing.