PDA

View Full Version : Azureus BitTorrent Client

Optimistic
16th July 2004, 04:18 PM
I decided to give this P2P a try. I've got it installed and working (or so I think), but I don't know how to use it. I found some sites that host torrent files, but I don't know what to do with them--downloading them by clicking on the links didn't seem to do much. Any advice you could give me would be great.

Darkmage
16th July 2004, 04:43 PM
In your home directory create a folder called Azureus and in Azureus create a folder called torrents

mkdir Azureus
cd Azureus
mkdir torrents
cd

If you have a bin folder in your home folder then make a symbolic link to azureus

mkdir bin
ln -s ~/azureus/azureus ~/bin/azureus

when you click on a torrent file from a browser, select open with and navigate to ~/bin/azureus :cool:

Almost forgot edit & add this to your .bash_profile

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0
export JAVA_HOME
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export PATH
JAVACMD=/usr/java/jre1.5.0/bin/java
export JAVACMD

Note replace jre1.5.0 with the java installed on your system

Then
source .bash_profile
to reload the changes

Optimistic
16th July 2004, 04:52 PM
Excellent. Thank you.

Optimistic
16th July 2004, 07:58 PM
Azureus is working very well. In fact, it is working too well--it is eating all of my bandwidth. Is there a way to set badwidth perameters in Azureus? A max on downloads and a max on uploads?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. It is in Configuration-->Transfer. I should just go to bed.

Darkmage
16th July 2004, 08:24 PM
Azureus is working very well. In fact, it is working too well--it is eating all of my bandwidth. Is there a way to set badwidth perameters in Azureus? A max on downloads and a max on uploads?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. It is in Configuration-->Transfer. I should just go to bed.

Great to hear that it works, I have mine setup as

41 max upload
0 max download
6 max upload slot
100 number of connection per torrent
1000 number of connection globally
:D