PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Video with Fedora Core 9

smashingoftheva
21st June 2008, 12:08 AM
so I just decided this week to finally scrap windows for linux, tried a dual boot system with ubuntu, and wasnt digging ubuntu, so traded it in for fc9. installed it and had minimal problems with programs and such, until I went to update my ipod.

ive got both gtkpod and amarok running on my system, and encounter the same problem. I've got an 80gb Ipod Video, which is accepting the files from both programs(confirmed in file browser), yet when i disconnect the ipod from my computer, the ipod claims it has no music on it, though confirms that space is being taken up on its drive.

any ideas on how to fix this? i've searched around everywhere and found some vague answers that I didnt know how to apply on my own(very new at linux, been on windows all my life so its a culture shock, hah).

thanks

Firewing1
23rd June 2008, 04:18 AM
Sounds like the files are being copied but the iTunes DB isn't being updated - What generation iPod do you have?
Firewing1

smashingoftheva
23rd June 2008, 04:36 AM
its a 6th gen, which would be an Ipod Classic and not video. i had the problem fixed somehow, but recently ive had the same problem again.

Firewing1
24th June 2008, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong then - try contacting the people in #gtkpod (IRC, irc.freenode.net).
Firewing1