PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 9

bghayad
20th June 2008, 11:21 AM
Hi All;

Is fedora core 9 is the last fedora version?

Did any one try it? How much it is stable and better than 8?

Is it released?

Regards
Bilal

Wayne
20th June 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi All;

Is it released?

Regards
Bilal

Yes, it's been out for a short time, but if Fedora 8 is stable and working, stick with it for a while. Fedora 9 has certain "features" that don't quite work properly :)

Wayne

rfcompte
20th June 2008, 07:34 PM
Fedora 9 works perfectly well for me. After installation just follow this guide (http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html)

Wayne
21st June 2008, 12:42 AM
Well, you're lucky then. There are things that are still broken here, like digital camera mounting and the radeon driver, off the top of my head...

Wayne

rfcompte
21st June 2008, 01:03 AM
Well, you're lucky then. There are things that are still broken here, like digital camera mounting and the radeon driver, off the top of my head...

Wayne

Maybe I'm lucky. Installing a new Fedora version feels like a lottery to me sometimes. But I'm very interested in the new technologies, so usually I do a clean install a week or two after a release.
What issues are you having with your digital camera? I have a Sony that worked out-of-the-box, but then again, I might be lucky :cool:

Rafael F.

sidebrnz
21st June 2008, 01:08 AM
I have a Kodak. It shows up on the desktop, and I can copy files from there to my hard disk, but digiKam can't find it. I did find a service relating to cameras that wasn't running and enabled it, but I haven't had time to see if it made a difference.

Wayne
21st June 2008, 01:10 AM
Actually, there are a couple of threads talking about digital cameras already. If you can dig one up, please post there.

Wayne

Dan
21st June 2008, 01:20 AM
Hi All;

Is it released?

Regards
Bilal1) No, it isn't the latest. The latest are the nightly rawhide builds, but those have a lot in common with nitro-glycerine. Ya'll be careful now. Ya hear? <..:eek:..>

That being said, F9 is the latest official release. Note that I did not say stable.

2) Ayup! I did indeed! Staff Blogs (http://www.fedoraforum.org/blogs/)

3) Also note that I am still running F8, F7 or FC6 on anything I rely on to "just work."