PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 8, Dosemu Freezes

duh
20th June 2008, 07:56 AM
I am using Fedora 8 on a Pentium III 800mhz with 512mb ram. This computer is connected to a small office network where two more computers are connected.

The program that this computer always use is Dosemu to emulate a clipper-based program database. It is able to access the files from the server for a certain time until it freezes. The system also freezes. I couldn't use ctrl+alt+del, ctrl+alt+f1 to f7 or ctrl+alt+backspace. It goes back to normal after resetting, then Dosemu would freeze again eventually.

Fedora reports the ata1 and ata2 get timing mode failed at every boot. I don't know if this is significant.

CPU temperature after resetting is at 43 degrees Celsius. Memory has already been tested and passed by Memtest86 program. I also changed the hard drive just in case the first was failing.

But the computer would not freeze when I use Dosemu and the clipper-based program without connecting to the network. The network might be the culprit but I have another computer with a similar Fedora setup that works fine.

Please help. I'm new to Linux and I don't know what's wrong. Thanks.