PDA

View Full Version : CRT monitor

Acadien
16th July 2004, 02:35 AM
I have FC2 installed on a Dell Inspiron 1100 with the BIOS upgraded to A29. When I press the Fn-CRT/LCD displays switch as normal from the LCD to the CRT. The bobo is that the CRT doesn't like it very much, the display is about 1/2 an inch too low with garbage filling the top portion. Plus when I return to the LCD the same happens (display 1/2 in too low) I need to exit X-serve (CTRL+ALT+F2) and return (Ctrl+ALT+F7) to ''reset the LCD''. Anybody else have this problem with a possible solution? I use my Laptop a lot for presentations in front of DieHard M$ users and it doesn't look good. The monitor is a DELL M782.

foolish
16th July 2004, 05:42 AM
So what you're saying is that you sometimes connect a LCD monitor to the laptop, and sometimes a CRT monitor?

When you connect the CRT-monitor, things look bad. When you connect the LCD monitor, things look good.

If I've understood you right, your problem is that X isn't capable of reconfiguring the monitor settings on the fly, you have to change configuration, restart X and pray. I don't know of any other way. Sorry.