PDA

View Full Version : How do I preserve special chars when mounting NTFS partition

phara0h
15th July 2004, 06:41 AM
As the title says , i'm trying to mount my ntfs partition , but since lots of files are written in my native language the special chars () gets destroyed when I copy files onto my linux box. This happends if I burn cd , transfer over FTP or mount the disk.

BR Martin Kronstad

mohelgamal
24th July 2004, 12:43 PM
i don't have a specific solution but generally if you want to use your language try a norway built distro i think you can find one on the net that is based on depian or fedora core for ex i am using an arabic distro called resala it is based on the FC1 + some arabic fonts and some programs eg prayer time ( info the 1st mechanical clock in the world was invented by an arab scientest in order that muslims travelling to north country's as norway -you so the 3th worrior movie - can know the prayer time without relying on the sun )

phara0h
24th July 2004, 08:24 PM
I actually solved the problem , I changed the info in /etc/sysconfig/i18n to use ISO-8859-1 , I had to change this in emacs and in apache to get all to work.

but thanx anyway

PS : yes I saw the 13th warrior movie :)

BR
Martin Kronstad