PDA

View Full Version : Radeon HD3200 + 24" FP monitor problems

arshadnoor
13th June 2008, 05:22 AM
Hi,

I recently purchased a Gateway computer (GT5676) that has an ATI HD3200 IGP, with an HP W2408H flat-panel monitor using the HDMI connector. After installing Fedora9, I used the following instructions (http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=6794) and got the bundled "radeon" driver working with X in the native 1920x1200 mode.

However, after a reboot, the screen keeps blanking out every other second. No amount of tinkering will get the display to stay stable. The resolution seems right, but the image is not stable and therefore, unusable.

Following the instruction here for F9 (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=155503&page=1&pp=10) i installed the X packages for F8 and now have the "fglrx" driver working. However, the display does not stretch from edge-to-edge; it cuts off about 1.5cm from each end horizontally, and about 1cm from the top and bottom. While the resolution is great and the image is stable, not seeing the display on the full monitor is disappointing.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? TIA.

asun
13th June 2008, 05:43 AM
I want to know the answer to this too. Using fglrx, I cannot get fullscreen on my LCD TV. Using radeon or radeonhd, I can get fullscreen out of the box.

Here's the interesting part. By default, in WinXP, ATI Catalyst driver does not take up the fullscreen either. I have to go into the control centre and set the scaling to 0% (underscan). Maybe there is an option for fglrx to do this?

asun
16th June 2008, 06:24 AM
I've found a solution that works for me. It was posted in phoronix forum. Here's the code:

#/bin/sh
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeX:1920
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeY:1080
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,sizeX:1920
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,sizeY:1080

Obviously, you need to adjust for your resolution. You can also stick this to some sort of init script so that it gets run everytime X is restarted.