PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted disks that are mounted at logon

lsatenstein
5th June 2008, 11:25 PM
When I do a clean install of a user (F9) using Gnome, the desktop is clear. I can click on the Places menu option and mount the ones I want.

Recently, all the disks are mounted at logon, even if I do not want them. I have to unmount each one all the time.

Does anyone know what it is to unmount 9 partitions permenantly? So if you can tell me what the way is to have a clear desktop at logon time?

glennzo
5th June 2008, 11:59 PM
That's been somewhat of a hot item here since the release of Fedora 9. Popular question for Fedora 8 too Have a look at this thread.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171454&highlight=icons

lsatenstein
8th June 2008, 06:43 AM
I tried the recommended solution, and it is too aggressive. The offered solution prevents all the other hard disks from showing.

I would like the solution that was present when I first installed fedora 9, or the solution that works so well with UBUNTU. That solution shows the drives in the panel-Places dropdown menu, and if I click on the drive in the Places list, the drive is mounted and shown on the desktop. If Ubuntu can do it, why cannot Fedora do it? Unmounting from the desktop continues to show the drive in Places dropdown.