PDA

View Full Version : Compiz breaks my shortcut keys

daviddoria
5th June 2008, 01:02 PM
I have SUPER-L (the windows key) set to open a terminal. After I installed compiz it just doesn't do anything. In the CCSM I found a "run terminal" key binding, but even when I set that it still doesn't work.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

leigh123linux
5th June 2008, 01:42 PM
Don't use super to open the terminal ( use another key ) as compiz uses super for a lot of it's plugins ! ( I use control + t to open the terminal in compiz )

sidebrnz
6th June 2008, 12:18 AM
For some reason, Super doesn't respond from my keyboard. If I try to tell compiz to grab a keystroke and use super-m, it thinks it's just m. However, the main thing I want it for is the magnifier, as even with glasses some things on web pages are too small for me (ID10T webmonkeys with microvision!) and the magnifier's a great help, so I found that the Menu key by itself works Just Fine for what I need.

daviddoria
6th June 2008, 09:34 PM
leigh - doesn't control + t do other things (like new tab in firefox, etc)?

csfalcon
6th June 2008, 11:27 PM
Here is how I setup shortcut keys, http://www.csfalcon.com/wiki/csfalcon/FedoraLinux, look under the tweaks section.

daviddoria
6th June 2008, 11:59 PM
haha ok cool, ctr+alt+t will work, i just liked "windows + t" because you could do it with one hand. Also, I was always wondering about network manager not actually saving the password, so thanks for that too!