PDA

View Full Version : ISP.. How To's....

Indy
13th July 2004, 03:11 AM
Hey all, I have been looking everywhere for how to do this and I can't
seem to find any good article on how to do this. Even on isp-planet.com they
really didn't have any good articles.

I'm trying to setup a page where users can search for an available domain
and if its available, they can register it through my site.
If they own it, they can transfer it over and host their site with me.

My problem is, I want to automate this process but I dont know exactly
what are the steps needed to actually initiate the transfer!!??

I know a verification email needs to be sent and the owner of the domain
has to respond, but I just dont know how that part works and who or what
registrar I have to deal with to make this happen?

So does anyone here work at an ISP or know what I need to do?
Thanks all!

Indy

NightmaresDream
13th July 2004, 03:47 AM
Well, in that case, what you need is a ADNE, Available Domain Name Engine, those things are available to companies, you must ask for one from RIPE, they will give you the PHP code to set on your site.

I hope it helped.

Indy
13th July 2004, 04:02 AM
Hey thanks for the reply.

ADNE, is that something that checks the availability of a domain? Because I already have a PHP program that I wrote myself to take care of that part. If its available, the user gets a form to fill out about themselves.

The only problem is, after that point, I dont know what the next step is? If I`m wrong about ADNE, let me know.

Is it some sort of well kept ISP secret because I cant find anything on the internet about how the transaction process works? Do I need to be partnered up with some sort of registrar??

Let's say a user owns a domain already at Netsol, and he wants me to host his website along with his domain. How would I go about that?

Thanks for your help!!

Indy

NightmaresDream
13th July 2004, 09:59 PM
Alright, now, ADNE is a codename for the registar DB, you will have to partner up with a registar as you said, and about the hosting, if you want to host it, you must instruct the user to change his NS servers, (Name Servers).

You need to tell him to contact his ISP / Registar and tell them to change the nameservers to yours!

And about ADNE, you wont find it, you must buy it.
Its not that expensive, its about 50$, but you must first partner up with a registar!

Indy
14th July 2004, 01:29 PM
Great! I get it now, thanks for all your help.

About the ADNE, how do I buy it if I can't find it?? :)

Indy

NightmaresDream
14th July 2004, 08:30 PM
Well, you must talk to a registar and ask them, not all of them work with ADNE, but if you built a script on your own, use that one, because the ADNE software alone, cost 50$, but the connection license is expensive :)