PDA

View Full Version : Help!

shweta
25th May 2008, 02:52 PM
I need help.
1. To get my LAN configured. I know my IP address etc. but I dont know how to get the internet working.
2. Amarok does not install. It shows me the update required to play files, but it says libgpod.so.1 missing.. Also a few other files are missing.

Help!

GallComp
25th May 2008, 03:12 PM
Please give more information about your system... Memory, Processor, Video card, Linux distribution, .... The steps you have followed so far....

And next time "USE INFORMATIVE TITLES", help! does not descrive your problem and morelikely will be ignored byt those who may know how to help you...

William Haller
25th May 2008, 03:23 PM
Run the command system-config-network to enter your network settings. In KDE, you can right click in the window to get a mini-menu to execute run command. There's probably something similar in Gnome or you can look in the menus for the command.

shweta
25th May 2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for that particular bit of information. You might've guessed I'm new to Linux. The amarok problem still persists. I've downloaded the repository from amarok for fedora. Then I tried installing the update and it says there are missing dependencies. i.e libgpod.so.1, libpq.so.4, libmtp.so.4. How do I fix this?

William Haller
25th May 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, libpq.so comes from postgresql-devel, libmtp.so comes from libmtp-devel, and libgpod.so comes from libgpod-devel. Not sure about what specific versions come with the Fedora version you are installing, but I'd start there. If you have later versions of the libraries, you can search for an older RPM or a newer amarok distributions or just make a symbolic link to the later version of the library and see if it works ok.