PDA

View Full Version : compiling wine-rc2, cant find 32 bit libs

BabySeal
25th May 2008, 03:08 AM
hey guys,

I need some help getting the config script to find the 32 bit libs I have installed. Basically it can't find a lot of important ones like opengl, freetype, etc... Add/remove software app seems to be a bit flaky too, it says some libs aren't installed, but when i click to install them it reports that they are installed. Weird..

I've tried the following:
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

still can't find those libs. Any ideas guys?

Dubious Dave
29th May 2008, 04:06 AM
I just completed compiling wine-rc2. It really comes down to two separate problems. First, 99% of the time its because the 32bit version isn't installed regardless of what you think.

Is it installed? Do this ...
yum info libGL libGL-devel

Your output should consist of two results for each parameter to yum. In this case, four
results one 32bit (i386 arch) for each parameter and one 64bit (x86_64 arch) for each parameter. Look at the line marked repository. If it says installed then it is. If is says the name of a repository then it's not.

If it's not installed the run this...
yum install libGL.i386
just remember to add the ".i386" part to specify the 32bit version.

Also, WineHQ has a nice page detailing all the files needed for a 64bit install. Use this link>
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

By the way, the second problem is handled in the last couple of lines in the link above.

Dubious Dave
29th May 2008, 12:58 PM
By the way. Wine's configure tool will report that it found openGL at one time, but may at the end still report that no openGL was found. This is because of a missing link in the 32bit /usr/lib. You can easily add this. To check for this compare the openGL files and links in the 64bit & 32bit directories.

For the 64bit ones run...
ls /usr/lib64/libGL*
you should get 6 results I think.
then for the 32bit ones run...
ls /usr/lib/libGL*
if the two results are not the same then some thing is missing.

brebs
29th May 2008, 01:05 PM
That something is:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libGL.so
mesa-libGL-devel-7.1-0.29.fc9.i386