PDA

View Full Version : Fedora9 Sulphor to Final release

bspear
24th May 2008, 09:45 PM
Hello,
I had installed Fedora9 Sulphor when it came out. How do I get my system to the new final release of Fedora 9 ? Thanks!!

cloneu2
24th May 2008, 09:55 PM
YUM UPDATE :p

pascald
25th May 2008, 08:20 AM
Hi,

from what I understand of the question asked, bspear installed the beta version...
anyway that is what I did. I tried the yum update command as root. The answer is always that there are no updates available.
But I did not get any updates since the stable version was released (maybe a good thing, but I am suspicious). I was told my repositories are correctly configured. The problem comes (and I did not get any answer) from the fact that I can't install new programs (through the use of packagekit) if I don't disable the updates repo (which seems weird). Also in packagekit GUI, entries that belong to both base and updates repo are present (i.e. doubled) but I don't know which is which. Since it seems to me that something is wrong here, I would like to know what to do to be sure to get the updates when available (I don't care much about the program updates, but care much more about the security ones...)

Of course I could use the console to do all this, but what is the use of having GUI for any program and have to use the command line to do the same thing. Maybe I should ask the question the other around ?
Thanks for any help
Pascal

ilja
25th May 2008, 08:43 AM
Try the new PreUpgrade Package it might work.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PreUpgrade

pascald
25th May 2008, 12:40 PM
I'll try thanks. But I would like to know: from my understanding the transition from beta to stable should be transparent and run smoothly as long as the files are "stable" in the repo from which the beta files are installed. Am I right or wrong or both ?
Pascal