PDA

View Full Version : KDE 4 Has Killed My Mouse

type568
22nd May 2008, 03:48 AM
Since, KDE 4 is about graphical interface, the mouse is an important part of this DE.

But, eventually, it turned almost unusable in KDE 4, or at least in KDE4 /F9. There is no direct pointer movement resulting from mouse movement, but only acceleration. Which is just killing me, I can't (further more, I dont' want to learn to, it's slow and idiotic) to control the mouse. In other words, I am either getting the pointer jumping from corner to corner(of the screen) or moving the mouse from corner to corner on the table, while it barely travels half a screen(not that badly, but you get the point). A fast mouse control, is about to estimate the pointer position, and it's destination, and instantly pull the mouse over there, which is impossible without direct control.

Is there any way, I can make mouse pointer, move WITH the mouse, and choose the ratio, of mouse path- that mouse moves on the table, to the cursor movement on the screen?

And, for some weird reason, I can no longer use a quick touch on the touchpad, to emulate a left mouse click. I believe, KDE4 could be at fault, here too..

I hope somebody can help me.. Thank you.

Dan
22nd May 2008, 04:33 AM
Hmmm.

A quick search of the forum over the last week shows that this is, perhaps, not KDE4's finest hour. However, it might be worthwhile to jump into Gnome for a minute and check to make sure it isn't a hardware issue.

type568
22nd May 2008, 04:36 AM
For some inexperienced mouse user, it could be not an issue at all. & about tapping the touchpad, I'm afraid you are right, since I have this problem, even with uninstalled KDE, in the login screen.