PDA

View Full Version : Why me? Where did I go wrong?

chili555
9th July 2004, 07:01 AM
Yesterday my printer went pfffffft, so I got a new Epson Stylus C84. Shut down machine, took out old printer, plugged in new C84 to a USB slot and rebooted. Boot-up was interrupted by a red and blue screen that said I removed my old printer and did I want to remove the configuration. Yes. It then said I had a new printer and did I want to configure. Yes. After log in, I found a .doc file and it printed perfectly.

Today, I received a new Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. Same deal. After adjusting volume conrols from zero to full, I found an .mpg and it played perfectly. Classical music is playing now, beautifully from Shoutcast.

Now I want to know, isn't linux and FC2 for the hobbiest who needs to research, yum, rpm, tar.gz, .src, sweat, curse and kick the cat? Is it supposed to be easier than winblows? Where did I go wrong?

:confused:

ghaefb
9th July 2004, 07:17 AM
I know... :eek:
I mean what's with all this simple configuration and automatic hadware detection!?
I will miss times when I had to spend hours configuring and making a peace of hardware to work.
watch out windblows :cool:

kbradl1
9th July 2004, 09:11 AM
See even grandma can use it! In fact she is.

crackers
9th July 2004, 04:37 PM
Where did I go wrong?
Dear Confused,
In order to truly experience all that you desire (e.g. blood, sweat, tears) you will need to locate and download Slackware 1.2 (original floppy version). Of course, for the full richness, you'll need to use Kermit and a 2400-baud modem, preferably acoustic.

Glad I could help... :rolleyes:

Jman
10th July 2004, 02:54 PM
I offer my condolences that your experience wasn't as difficult as you thought it would be. :D

But even though you placed your thread in the correct forum, since you don't have a support question, I'm moving this to Fedora Focus. Just your luck: first things install exactly as you wanted to and now I'm moving threads that were placed correctly. The world has gone mad! (OK, I've settled down now.)

imdeemvp
10th July 2004, 03:14 PM
i had to replaced my lexmark z33 printer because i was going thru hell configuiring it ... so i got me a canon bjc3000 that works fine with linux...my only two headaches my sony clie and printer.... :mad: