PDA

View Full Version : questions about F9

rurik.tv
17th May 2008, 02:41 PM
im a totally newcomer to fedora... and just installed fedora 9 on my laptop, but recently i got some problems in F9. so im writing this thread to check if anyone could help me.

1. the F9 i installed is ENG version, but when i install it i already select other language support, but now when i select [system->preferences->personal->input method] there is a "bug buddy" always shows up. how can i fix it?

2. is anyone knows how to set "evolution mail and calendar" to access gmail?

thx a million!

OralDeckard
18th May 2008, 02:36 AM
Hello Rurik.tv.

When I follow the path you posted I don't have an "input method" on mine, possibly because I don't have any languages but English selected. So unfortunately all I can provide in a suggestion that you consider that the Bug Buddy has decide that there is a bug in it. Either it is in your installation, or in the application as downloaded.

You might try using Yumex to uninstall and re-install support for your language and see if that takes care of it. If not, maybe the developers need to know about the bug so they can fix it for you.

apex.predator
18th May 2008, 02:56 AM
Not sure if this meets your needs, but I have gmail set to forward everything to my local mailbox with my ISP. That way, there are no settings to change within Evolution or kmail. Also, I never need check gmail itself.

Wayne
18th May 2008, 03:00 AM
Before posting, it's a good idea to look through the forum to see if your question has already been asked. Chances are it has.....

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188557

Wayne