PDA

View Full Version : Some good Some bad

av1611
15th May 2008, 11:38 PM
Well, Fedora 9 is out and I got a list of questions!

1. Good news is, my Toshiba Qosmio, after 2 years of waiting, finally works with linux (they broke it several versions back...)

2. I know Nvidia is not gonna work for a bit... anyone got the slightest clue what the wait with be? Days, weeks, months?

3. Now for the more important questions!

(I USE KDE!)

Q: How do I do something simple like drag an icon from the start menu to the desktop??? I can't find any way to put an icon on the desktop :eek:

Q: Can I make the desktop act KDE 3? I don't like 4 cause you can't seem to put icons on the desktop???

Q: You can't right click items in the start menu, right click=left click

Q: When I plug USB drive in, I don't get an icon on the desktop?

Can you spot the trend??? HOW DO I GET DESKTOP ICONS! :eek:

Thanks. :D :confused:

av1611
16th May 2008, 12:25 AM
The lack of responses to my post makes me wonder if there is a problem with my install..???

I have NO desktop icons. I used KDE Live CD.

There seems to be no way to put an icon on the desktop.

Is that normal???

Thanks.

40esp
16th May 2008, 12:30 AM
Well, Fedora 9 is out and I got a list of questions!

1. Good news is, my Toshiba Qosmio, after 2 years of waiting, finally works with linux (they broke it several versions back...)

2. I know Nvidia is not gonna work for a bit... anyone got the slightest clue what the wait with be? Days, weeks, months?

3. Now for the more important questions!

(I USE KDE!)

Q: How do I do something simple like drag an icon from the start menu to the desktop??? I can't find any way to put an icon on the desktop :eek:

Q: Can I make the desktop act KDE 3? I don't like 4 cause you can't seem to put icons on the desktop???

Q: You can't right click items in the start menu, right click=left click

Q: When I plug USB drive in, I don't get an icon on the desktop?

Can you spot the trend??? HOW DO I GET DESKTOP ICONS! :eek:

Thanks. :D :confused:

I don't know about the KDE question, Im a GNOME user, but the wait should only be a week or two. Im waiting for kmod-nvidia aswell.