PDA

View Full Version : Problems with local file installation, Authorization and etc... 2nd Thread

Broceliande
15th May 2008, 02:32 PM
I installed Fedora 9, but i can not do anything with it.
For example, when i try to install a rpm it says "Failed to install You don't have the necessary privileges to install local packages"

when i try to give authorization to packagekit, i click "Grant" button but nothing is happening.
System even can not update....

i try to disable SeLinux, but no way.

My bluetooth mouse can not connect to system, so i can not use my mouse....

lots of problems i have...

I need help about them.
Btw, i logged in as root while doing those processes...

i think there is a problem with first thread, please delete it...

jackassplus
15th May 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm having a similar issue.
There is also, apparently no way to edit repositories like there was in pirut.
I can't find a way to install packages from the DVD with yum, (no repository) or from the RPMs.

do you have to be superroot to do local updates now?

cicatrix1
15th May 2008, 07:59 PM
In most cases, you have to be superuser (root) to install any software via rpm, yum, pirut, packagemanager etc.

cicatrix1
15th May 2008, 08:10 PM
In most cases, you have to be superuser (root) to install any software via rpm, yum, pirut, packagemanager etc.

Broceliande
16th May 2008, 03:59 PM
i logged in already as root

blackarib
16th May 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi, I am also having this problem while logged in a root - I received an error - as seen in screenshot as a notification. I wonder is this related to the fact that firstboot hung before it completed? In the GUI for policykit apparently no users are authorized to do anything - so I can only conclude that this config info was not written during install? You do not even, as root, have the permission to grant yourself or other users permissions to do any policykit tasks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jackassplus
16th May 2008, 05:29 PM
I worked on this a little last night. you have to be logged in as a normal user to authenticate packagekit.
-authenticate with root when it asks

it appears to be locked down so you can't install arbitrary rpms.
(everything has to be done thru packagekit?)

I was able to install from DVD packages, but I had to move them to the hard drive first, into a directory with no spaces int he name, and manually ad the repository info to /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo