PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia driver

rajien2
15th May 2008, 03:03 AM
ok I was doing theys steps and i when to type in sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run and i got a sh: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run: No such file or directory what did i do wrong? :confused:

STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.

You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.

STEP 2: Download the Driver File

Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12.pkg1.run

SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.

STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.

If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to linux-bugs@nvidia.com.

When emailing linux-bugs@nvidia.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".

ghost_ryder35
15th May 2008, 03:10 AM
make sure your in the correct directory when you are trying to run the script, do an 'ls' to make sure you are.
P.S. i do not think the driver compiles correctly on the new kernel in f9

Dan
15th May 2008, 03:13 AM
*Sigh!* It won't work. See this link.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188187

rajien2
15th May 2008, 03:20 AM
*Sigh!* It won't work. See this link.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188187
mmm wow So what can i do. most game will not run right with out the video card driver. What are my options and can some on explain what wine and yum and thos things are. Sorry i have been a windows user for 15 years now and i am a little lost. :confused:

Dan
15th May 2008, 03:24 AM
Understood. These nVIDIA / Xorg problems will probably have a better solution released within a few weeks. Probably the best thing to do is sit tight, get aquainted with some of the other finer points of fedora Linux, and monitor these forums for the day the fixes are released.

rajien2
15th May 2008, 05:11 AM
Understood. These nVIDIA / Xorg problems will probably have a better solution released within a few weeks. Probably the best thing to do is sit tight, get aquainted with some of the other finer points of fedora Linux, and monitor these forums for the day the fixes are released.
KK thx Standing By.