PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

sumisiva
19th April 2008, 02:08 PM
I Have installed Fedora 8 on a HP ML110 witha a ViewSonic monitor. All installed well and working OK. But when I changed my monitor to Samsung then the boot screen keeps crashing. As soon as I remove the monitor cable, it is OK then I can connect the cable back and login and all is OK afterwards. How can I fax this problem?

stevea
19th April 2008, 02:59 PM
Please explain "boot screen keeps crashing". Do you mean the grub splash-screen, the login screen or something else.

Assuming it's the login screen, then use system-config-display. Go to the "Hardware" tab, select "configure monitor type". Select an appropriate monitor. and appropriate resolutoin in the first tab.
exit OK then logout/login.

sumisiva
20th April 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Steve

Thank you for the response. Yes, it is the LOGIN screen. I did the monitor type change that you have mentioned and rebooted it and still the same. The funny thing is that I can unplug the monitor cable to the monitor levae it for say 5 secs for the login screen to be formed without crashing. then plug the NEW monitor and I can login and work as if there were NO ISSUES!

It looks like to me that there is something at bootup detecting the monitor type and having an issue.

PLS HELP as I am very new to LINUX

Thanks