PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Problems with symbolic toolbox of Matlab

Dong Li
14th April 2008, 04:24 AM
Currently, I have install Matlab 7 into my Fedora 8. After surviving of some different problems, I am stuck on the problems with symbolic toolbox as following:

>> poly2sym([1 2 3]);
Unable to load mex file: /opt/matlab/toolbox/symbolic/maplemex.mexglx.
/opt/matlab/bin/glnx86/libmaple.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
??? Invalid MEX-file '/opt/matlab/toolbox/symbolic/maplemex.mexglx': .

Error in ==> maple at 104
[result,status] = maplemex(statement);

Error in ==> sym.maple at 85
[result,status] = maple(statement);

Error in ==> sym.transpose at 18
B = maple('transpose',A);

Error in ==> sym.poly2sym at 18
for a = c(:).'

Error in ==> poly2sym at 26
p = poly2sym(sym(c),sym(x));

After searched on Google, I found that it is because the maple just work with lower version kernel. They all said set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.1 will work! But I tried it with the following error results:

awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/pwd: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Internal error 2: Could not determine the path of the
MATLAB root directory.

original command path = /opt/matlab/bin/matlab
current command path = /opt/matlab/bin/matlab

Please contact:

MathWorks Technical Support

for further assistance.

I also searched LD_ASSUME_KERNEL, and found that I should check out the minimum OS ABI version of the above DSOs. Then I used eu-readelf to see the note section of /lib/libdl.so.2. Its minimum OS ABI version is 2.6.9, so the dynamic loader will fail while set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to a lower version kernel.

Any help will be appreciated!

Dong Li
14th April 2008, 10:53 AM
Nobody faces this problem?

Dong Li
14th April 2008, 12:06 PM
Problem has been resolved by downloading a new libmaple.so from mathwork!!!