PDA

View Full Version : Some improvements and problems after kernel update

IRCer
4th April 2008, 11:40 AM
Improvement: Finally my WiFi light is on and it blinks when there's activity. The light never worked in Linux till now unless I was using ndiswrapper for the driver. I'm using the iwl4965 driver. Even the windows version does not blink like it is doing right now.

Problem: Along with the updates yesterday, there was also a wine update which after installing, my wine windows are hung most of the time though they're working fine. I can only see the window border with nothing in it. After I minimize and restore it a few times, it becomes normal randomly. How do I downgrade back to the previous version I had? Or should I just wait till there's a bugfix or something?

Anyone else have this problem?

2nd Problem: My hibernate and suspend both worked with the default kernel that was there with the installation. And ever since I updated, it never worked. Either it goes to a blank screen with the cursor blinking and gets stuck there, or it comes back to the desktop after some time. If I wasn't getting horrible performance in VMware with that kernel, I'd have never installed updates.

So here I am still waiting for updates until I end up with something that works like it should, and I'll stop installing updates after that.

IRCer
11th April 2008, 06:41 PM
So I'm the only one with the problem then.

parminides
9th November 2008, 02:30 PM
My hibernate and suspend both worked with the default kernel that was there with the installation. And ever since I updated, it never worked. Either it goes to a blank screen with the cursor blinking and gets stuck there, or it comes back to the desktop after some time.

I have the same problem with hibernate/suspend. Did you ever get it fixed?