PDA

View Full Version : not sound in .mov files

TAVO
8th March 2008, 09:25 PM
Hi guys, well i have some .mov files that are playing but without sound, they are not too old, like 2 yeard old maybe, and also, i have some old .mov files that are not even playing, i have installed vlc and mplayer but both can't play the movies with sound. What can i do to play the videos with sound ?

By the way, searching in the forums i find a possible solution, that was installing some win32 codec but it didn't work, the thread is old, i think it was for Fedora 4 or so, i'm using Fedora 7 and for the moment i can't upgrade to 8, so if you can suggest a solution that works for Fedora 7 it will be awesome. Thanks.

TAVO
13th March 2008, 01:38 AM
Well i just found out that the codec that was used to record the video it is not supported in quicktime 7.3 on windows. I have to upgrade to 7.4 to get the sound there, now, does anybody know if this affect Fedora as well and if i have to install some extra codecs to read quicktime files as if i have Quicktime 7.4, or, just to put end to my problem , i do upgrade my quicktime 7.3 to 7.4.1 on windows and see them there. Thanks for any suggestion.

P.D. there is only one dvd with this .mov files that doesn´t play with sound, the other dvd´s i have, they play just fine, with sound and everything.