PDA

View Full Version : Configure FTP Installation Source

cwilson
4th March 2008, 02:10 AM
Sorry if this isnt the appropriate forum for this question.

I am trying to setup an internal ftp server to host linux installation sources for fedora 8. I have created the ftp site on a windows server in this case, and extracted the dvd .iso file there.

When Im running the install of fedora using the rescue disk, then choosing ftp as the source, entering the server and the parent path I keep getting an error saying the fedora tree strcture does not match my media or something.

What gives? I am pretty new to this stuff so I apologize if this is an obvious question.

markkuk
4th March 2008, 09:47 AM
Does the rescue disc version and architecture match the DVD .iso you used as the source of the files? You can't use F7 or FC6 rescue disc to install F8, or i386 disc to install a x86_64 system.
Could you post the exact error message instead of "or something"?

cwilson
4th March 2008, 04:53 PM
Actually you just solved my problem. I was having problems because I was using Fedora7 resuce cd for fedora8 install, not realizing this was not supported.

Just installed from internal FTP so thank you!

Does the rescue disc version and architecture match the DVD .iso you used as the source of the files? You can't use F7 or FC6 rescue disc to install F8, or i386 disc to install a x86_64 system.
Could you post the exact error message instead of "or something"?