PDA

View Full Version : skype 2.0 beta

thick0
22nd January 2008, 02:26 AM
Hi, I have v1.4 running on my compaq nx8220 and it works like a dream. I would like to upgrade to the latest though. Has anyone got the skype beta 2.0 running on f8.

Demz
22nd January 2008, 02:31 AM
skype2.0 beta http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/linux/beta an search the forum for Skype repo

scotta3234
22nd January 2008, 02:34 AM
I have it running quite well on my laptop. Everything works, including the video.

thick0
25th January 2008, 09:51 AM
no such luck. I removed skype 1.4 using the package manager and deleted the .Skype directory from my home directory. Then installed skype 2.0..
Skype starts okay (ie. I can login) but when I try the test call I immediately get a message:

"Call Failed: Problem with audio playback"

and that is about that. If I remove 2.0 and reinstall 1.4 it works fine so there is a problem with 2.0 specifically. Anyone come across this?

BlueC
25th January 2008, 10:28 AM
It works fine for me but I did need to adjust the audio settings in Skype 2 beta after installing it so that it used the correct soundcard settings. Try the same.

Demz
25th January 2008, 11:02 AM
no such luck. I removed skype 1.4 using the package manager and deleted the .Skype directory from my home directory. Then installed skype 2.0..
Skype starts okay (ie. I can login) but when I try the test call I immediately get a message:

"Call Failed: Problem with audio playback"

and that is about that. If I remove 2.0 and reinstall 1.4 it works fine so there is a problem with 2.0 specifically. Anyone come across this?
as the poster said below you, you have to fiddle with the Audio settings in Skype to make it work, an remember its still a beta