PDA

View Full Version : Boot stops after enabling swap

hvniekerk
19th January 2008, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 1357 LMi running F8. After shutting down normally, it doesn't want to boot further after "Enabling /etc/fstab swaps: [OK]". Any idea what might be wrong? I tried booting in Interactive mode, but that doesn't change anything on booting.

Thanks.

hvniekerk
21st January 2008, 08:51 PM
I managed to boot from F8 DVD into Rescue mode and got my filesystem fully intact mounted under /mnt/sysimage. This is my fstab:

/dev/VolGrou00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /swap swap defaults 00

Can somebody please help me out? I really hope I can get my laptop back to back as it is installed now..would save a heck of a lot of work....yes, I have a backup, but still.

Some more info: though the fstab message is the last visible line under F1, it goes on booting until the graphical display comes up and Gnome should loaded with a white arrow able to be moved around the screen.

amanadas
22nd January 2008, 12:18 AM
Try to boot in run level 3. When you see the grub boot loader, edit the line with the kernel you want to boot and ad a 3 to the end.

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.23.12-52.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 3

If it boots you may have a graphical display problem.

hvniekerk
22nd January 2008, 06:49 PM
Thank you!!! Booting into runlevel 3 AND Interactive startup showed that the recently added MySQL startup in rc.local caused a major hangup. After removing it, there were no more problems.

Again, thank you.