PDA

View Full Version : GPU=no device found

LT72884
17th January 2008, 05:33 PM
Ok. so here is what happens. 75% of the time my FC8 will load correctly. I will see the Nvidia logo and then the start up process. Well sometimes i dont see the nvidia logo and then it syasy failed to startX.

I view the out put and it says that it could not find a device. i then restart and it does it again. after the third time of restarting it finally finds my device. I am using the livna repo or at least i think i am.

i do a rpm-qa | grep kmod

kmod-nvidia-2.6.23.9-85.fc8.169.07.1.lvn8.i686
kmod-nvidia169.07.1.lvn8.i686

so my driver matches my kernel version. is it missing something else.

what other oputput do you guys need becasue this is getting anoying.

thanx guys

Dies
18th January 2008, 12:14 AM
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

Would be a good thing to post right after X fails, so when it fails before rebooting switch over to a console and make a copy so you can attach it here. Don't just paste it in since it's too long. Also your /etc/X11/xorg.conf would be nice. lspci output might also help.

LT72884
18th January 2008, 07:11 AM
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

Would be a good thing to post right after X fails, so when it fails before rebooting switch over to a console and make a copy so you can attach it here. Don't just paste it in since it's too long. Also your /etc/X11/xorg.conf would be nice. lspci output might also help.
ok next time that happens i will be sure to grab that info. im not sure when it will happen next. but i will post the other two later. thanx guys

leadgolem
18th January 2008, 07:17 AM
Intermittent issues with a specific piece of hardware can also be caused by faulty connections or insufficient power to properly boot all devices. You could try reseating the video card.