PDA

View Full Version : Installed ati linux drivers, wine won't work

cimotablue
15th January 2008, 12:51 PM
I installed ati linux drivers (8.443.1) and anything I could run before under wine, would not work. I have an ati mobility 9550 and a gateway 7426gx laptop.

cbeck20
18th January 2008, 04:39 AM
I have the same laptop as you. I actually had trouble trying to install the priory drivers for our ATI card. XGL wasn't working correctly for me, I think I had to change a few settings (or download something to make XGL work, I got it working previously on Ubuntu but lost my notes on how to repeat it) but I got frustrated trying to search for the necessary information and reverted back to the open source drivers which work just fine.

My suggestion for you is to revert back to the open source drivers that come with Fedora 8 for our laptop. Wine works perfect with it.

You can revert back by doing "yum remove kmod-ati" after you are root.
If I was able to get my priory drivers working too, I'd test out to see if I would have the same problem as you but sadly without proper directions to get the Xorg server working I can't.

Wish I was more of a help.

Kasper-pA-
18th January 2008, 04:28 PM
i had a similar issue with wine, I reverted back to the old FC7 xorg-server and all is well now, Leigh posted a few things about this..

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-9.fc7.x86_64.rpm

look under the ati fglrx topic under how-to's