PDA

View Full Version : canon i850

bmyers
9th May 2004, 01:42 AM
Has anyone found a way to print to a Canon i850? I've scrounged through the forums and found a commercial solution, which isn't what I want, and someone who said he got it sort of working by downloading some drivers of Canon's Japanese site. (The US site has no Linux drivers.) I tried installing the Japanese RPMs but the print configuration tool still doesn't show me i850 as an option.

Anyone else solved this?

Brian

bigfootnmd
1st May 2005, 02:29 PM
Hi there,
I assume that you use the GNOME desktop and do not use KDE. I have the Canon i850 and I have used turbo print since November 2003. I downloaded the Canon japan drivers and I installed them. No new printer came up on the printer list under canon. So I determined that these drivers might not work with
Gnome.

Turboprint comes in two flavors. The free version which limits some of what you can print and the pay registered version which has no restrictions. To register it will cost you $40 and maybe your bank or credit card will charge a small fee for the currency conversion. Here is the link to turbo print

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Also, if you type canon i850 in the search window you will find that you are not the only using this printer with Fedora. Good luck

spacelobsters
25th February 2007, 09:55 PM
i have the same problem, any new stuff on this?