PDA

View Full Version : Evolution address printing

SirLurkalot
18th December 2007, 11:06 AM
Hi

I tried the Novell site but they want your life history and I hope someone here has the answer.

How do I print just the postal address on an envelope and not the whole record ? I don't really want my e-mail address and phone number on the front of my snail-mail !

Thanks

mattywix
18th December 2007, 12:49 PM
Are you talking about going into your contacts and printing the contact?

SirLurkalot
18th December 2007, 01:03 PM
Yes.

When I do that and select DL envelope I get the whole record. I'm sure there's simple explanation, I just can't find it in the Help pages.

Thanks

pete_1967
18th December 2007, 01:57 PM
Start OO Writer and select 'Insert->Envelope'

In following dialog box there is a pull-down menu for Database, select 'EvolutionLocal', in pull-down menu below it, (titled 'Table'), select the addressbook name you want addresses from.

3rd pull-down menu allows you to select address book entry fields to be included in the envelopen, select a field and click the <- arrow left of it.

Once you're happy, click 'Insert' and your envelope is created.

SirLurkalot
18th December 2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for that.

Does that mean I now need Open Office and that having converted my documents to Abiword, which shipped with Fedora 8, I'm no further forward or is there a similar way of integrating Evolution with Abiword ?

Not trying to be difficult but nothing seems to be quite as straightforward as expected ! :-{

mattywix
18th December 2007, 03:45 PM
Awesome tip Pete!

pete_1967
18th December 2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that.

Does that mean I now need Open Office and that having converted my documents to Abiword, which shipped with Fedora 8, I'm no further forward or is there a similar way of integrating Evolution with Abiword ?

Not trying to be difficult but nothing seems to be quite as straightforward as expected ! :-{

No idea, try reading Abiword manual.