PDA

View Full Version : Can't get gpg key for Skype repo

marie@dk
17th December 2007, 10:20 PM
Hi

I am trying to install Skype on FC8 ... I have setup the Skype repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/

[skype]
name=Skype Repository
baseurl=http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/fedora/updates/i586/
enabled=1
gpgkey=http://www.skype.com/products/skype/linux/rpm-public-key.asc
gpgcheck=1

But it fails to get the gpg key:

Total download size: 21 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID d66b746e

GPG key parsing failed: No key found in given key data
Does anybody know what's going on?

FriedChips
17th December 2007, 10:37 PM
change gpgcheck to 0 and it won't care about the stupid key.

marie@dk
17th December 2007, 10:51 PM
Yes, that is one way of getting around it, but I just wondered since Google didn't reveal anyone else having this problem... None of the Skype installation descriptions I found said anything about problems with the key.

If the problem persists, I will turn of the check, since I really need Skype...

gid99
18th December 2007, 05:41 AM
change gpgcheck to 0 and it won't care about the stupid key.

Oh gee, how wonderfully quaint... Another "go google it" reply framed with a google quip. Sadly, this specific thread is what rises to the top when one googles for the answer to this (and how I found this specific thread).

Ever consider that the reason why we can google things and find answers is because someone posts the answer in the first place? Imagine, the poor guy at the top looking for the answer at the Fedora forum.

Why not give the guy above a break.

On that note, I'll post the answer if I find it, and am still searching in various search engines, not just google for this answer.

gid99
18th December 2007, 06:31 AM
Well, I spent some time and quite a lot of searching, I'm nearly convinced that for whatever reason, the repos no longer seem to work, fails on a specific either the GPG key or on a non-available xml file (depending on one's skype.repo file contents in /etc/yum.repos.d/

I searched skype's forums, and some were searching for a yum repository. Oddly, a repository for SuSE may exist, but not anymore for fedora (if someone finds one, I'll be happy to be proven wrong on this paragraph).

It seems the packages ought to be downloaded are skype, libsigc++20 qt4 and qt4-x11

scotta3234
18th December 2007, 07:20 AM
I just downloaded the newest beta .rpm they had on their website and all seems to be working fine.

FriedChips
18th December 2007, 01:42 PM
Oh gee, how wonderfully quaint... Another "go google it" reply framed with a google quip. Sadly, this specific thread is what rises to the top when one googles for the answer to this (and how I found this specific thread).

Ever consider that the reason why we can google things and find answers is because someone posts the answer in the first place? Imagine, the poor guy at the top looking for the answer at the Fedora forum.

Why not give the guy above a break.

On that note, I'll post the answer if I find it, and am still searching in various search engines, not just google for this answer.

That was not a "go google it response".. :confused: I was simply stating a possible work around. If he changed the gpgcheck=1 in the code he posted to gpgcheck=0 he could avoid that issue. I don't know why it couldn't download the key, so I tried to help in a way that I could, by helping him avoid the need. Why come in here and knock my efforts. Maybe because you didn't even understand my suggestion. That would have been a simple work around with NO GOOGLE INVOLVED. If you don't have anything nice to say.......

EDIT: Oh and BTW that "google quip" is my sig... It has nothing to do with my replay. Pay attention.

marie@dk
18th December 2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks to scotta3234 and gid99 :-) ... I downloaded the *.rpm from the Skype website, and it seems to work.

Just wondering why they still use fc5 in the filename (skype-1.4.0.118-fc5.i586.rpm), since the links pointing to it are "Fedora 6" and "Fedora 7" .... That's a bit confusing.

gid99
23rd December 2007, 06:48 AM
That was not a "go google it response".. :confused: I was simply stating a possible work around. If he changed the gpgcheck=1 in the code he posted to gpgcheck=0 he could avoid that issue. I don't know why it couldn't download the key, so I tried to help in a way that I could, by helping him avoid the need. Why come in here and knock my efforts. Maybe because you didn't even understand my suggestion. That would have been a simple work around with NO GOOGLE INVOLVED. If you don't have anything nice to say.......

EDIT: Oh and BTW that "google quip" is my sig... It has nothing to do with my replay. Pay attention.

My sincere apologies, I looked at your signature line [root@mybrain # yum -y remove foot-from-mouth.rpm] and I presumed wrong, - again, my apologies and I'll be more careful. :(

leadgolem
23rd December 2007, 09:28 AM
Just wondering why they still use fc5 in the filename (skype-1.4.0.118-fc5.i586.rpm), since the links pointing to it are "Fedora 6" and "Fedora 7" .... That's a bit confusing.Probably because the distro name is actually typed out in the .spec file. As opposed to using the dist environmental variable.

Here are my skype.repo and the gpgkey.
/etc/yum.repos.d/skype.repo
[skype]
name=Skype Repository
baseurl=http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/fedora/updates/i586/
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/rpm-public-key.asc
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/rpm-public-key.asc
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

mQGiBEFQUsMRBACW4yLV31T5eT/7k35BjLeCrxy+pkudrOIGVPmszqjCO8KBHco3
islbMJT7WspxAmJd3npQ2uKYyicXemEzhQOBxmS1y8obtaoTy7 HmqbaLDroOYldf
YJcsEzvqb+xB4zyP4Mpw1ySHzcURcxsQFTwu33TywL8ot6HmpN Getqx1cwCg32aR
o3RE6geDfwGaZDO9R1vf0SkD/32sZMEX7y3c0f2d7Oc2GOoLl4g4nE6ljPmuo0xB
n0LVSjKH0nnG9NblBtR684D1wqaWvA050zcLWgnjjiRcdEaoEv rVzinwp49Zm12Q
KXpqnhgP2WxTpaOAWIl+ADT+SihG0w6jICFt0wkj+QCnYtFzQa 0DL2KJ41h7ij9V
Cd2SBACUPTp3A20JjTugc8fL6TOPOjHoN8aCZUCBNpPRiTj1CH yngStEEgvD7s9f
WEejkWPFvpKPvAlTAhGKEjLZB5gPr3XTDnVwo1O87Q0jR/JsNb8ogInDh+AgQR8X
Y67EXBKRnbjIGl5OgE0fIbQwU7pcYrB9CCpLMDEqlmlDiGT8H7 QoU2t5cGUgVGVj
aG5vbG9naWVzIFMuQS4gPGluZm9Ac2t5cGUubmV0PoheBBMRAg AeBQJBUFLDAhsD
BgsJCAcDAgMVAgMDFgIBAh4BAheAAAoJEAJ1r4LWa3Ru95kAoL Ybi9b8jNjAEQbV
cmGkwTBzBy2fAJ4l4NNN1oJg/Z3aVNAZgt/DYoiB9bkBDQRBUFLHEAQAw9V3v2eX
C40BSGF6IEBqxPcGtPZflZAtpxjxMDlhBqL1QWctGW/5eezj/pF7vCunxzXoBUGG
noE/R4hslYsbtp8cVbpu5ri1/DrtFrZzcNzBkxR3lJ8d+PUrdV9bkRUjo8pcL+ZJ
2g3assDBaHvVval5Bw5RKgjEed/kOL18cFcAAwUD/2AylYyHG+zEqqeN1o3vjtv+
IW3qbWn3DhojKgnpOjXiX4cDExXc5BDvOo6Xq6a0OM4Ga1KCbO rd+7tfYrKd1OCK
IiuW8ptG8khJAS3LL0Fx3okr7/VbmGtRRFvFCfxkYKzm/mAe5uzSco+Ym1JNPZtH
W9oAPDERDLRB/0TlKpYSiEkEGBECAAkFAkFQUscCGwwACgkQAnWvgtZrdG6ojgC g
1vsm73qch3XrZzwhgdn1O7Y6O8AAnjX9Vg31wBpIrqid/IMhyA43RC5m
=Up0v
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----It looks like the skype gpgkey has been moved.

FriedChips
26th December 2007, 12:47 AM
My sincere apologies, I looked at your signature line [root@mybrain # yum -y remove foot-from-mouth.rpm] and I presumed wrong, - again, my apologies and I'll be more careful. :(

No problem, we all make mistakes. I do appreciate the apology though. Welcome to the forums ;)

marie@dk
17th March 2008, 09:27 AM
I finally found and alternative place to get the public key for skype, thanks to this page:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype#head-fdcf72d6ac13b9ad5d7cf929d2176195115af19b

I fetched the key here:
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/infosys/phone/skype/rpm-public-key.asc