PDA

View Full Version : problems with kde

mbalaci
17th December 2007, 12:22 PM
hello. i am new on this forum and i am a new fedora user:D (switch from slackware).
i installed fedora 8 on my laptop and i have one problem.
i can't make splash screen work...i set-up one but when i restart or logoff kde set another splash screen.every time is the same...and the strange thing is that i can't find it in splash screen directory.

thx for help

bob
17th December 2007, 12:49 PM
Just a guess, but did you add KDE to a Gnome setup? You may have to go into Gnome and do the change too. When I had both installed, for auto-login I had to set it up both in KDE and Gnome since 'gdmsetup' was the controlling factor.

mbalaci
17th December 2007, 01:10 PM
i have only kde installed.

JN4OldSchool
17th December 2007, 03:40 PM
Bob's point still might be valid. I cant swear to it but I believe the "KDE only" install still uses GDM too. Just for the heck of it, try running "gdmsetup" from the terminal.

edit: make sure you su to root first :)

mbalaci
17th December 2007, 04:00 PM
bash: gdmsetup: command not found

JN4OldSchool
17th December 2007, 04:16 PM
bash: gdmsetup: command not found

Yeah, I tried it in KDE live in vmware. Guess I was wrong. I do not have a KDE hard drive install setup anywhere so I am at a loss. My only possible suggestion is to install yumex (yum install yumex) and see what gdm or other gnome components (if any) are installed. It would seem you have a conflict going on somewhere. Maybe someone with some KDE knowledge will come along and help you out.