PDA

View Full Version : Virtual drive

AllanPen
17th December 2007, 03:41 AM
Just playing around. I have vmware installed and opened another OS in it no problem. I now wish to try OSx and vmware apparently won't recognize the iso in it's virtual drive. So it's either burn to cd or create a virtual drive on my machine. So that's where I'm at. I really don't want to burn the image so is there a way to create a vurtual drive for the iso? Hope I explained myself well enough. I might have the wording wrong on that vmware and OSx but, want to try this virtual drive anyways. TIA

scottro
17th December 2007, 04:47 AM
AFAIK, VMWare doesn't yet support Mac OS X guests. About the only thing I might suggest is trying to dd the DVD to the hard drive and then making that the CDROM, that is, in machine settings, choose ISO image and pick that image.

Keep us posted on your progress with this, I'd be curious to see if it works.

scottro
17th December 2007, 04:57 AM
Oh, lookie lookie. Apple is doing their usual, We're Apple, pay the extra for our completely proprietary hardware or don't play with us.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/2/11/6995

How come if MS does this they're evil? Sometimes I think Apple has proven that you really can fool all the people all of the time.

Not that I prefer MS to Apple, but I think they're both doing the same thing--MS just did it a lot better. With Apple, even when they do it, people find excuses for them so that they don't seem as bad. Actually, it kind of proves the truth of the saying, "When you like someone, and they spill their soup on you, you laugh. When you don't like someone, the way they hold their fork aggravates you."

Sorry, didn't mean to turn your question into an anti-Apple rant, but apparently, that is the official position.