PDA

View Full Version : F8 - Firefox & Thunderbird "normal-size"/maximize bug

likuidkewl
16th December 2007, 01:37 AM
I have noted odd behavior in the "normal-size" and maximize functions of Firefox Fedora/2.0.0.10-3.fc8 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.9.

Symptom(s): With either Firefox or Thunderbird the "normal-size" and maximize functions seem to "forget" the last known state(window size) when closed at full screen mode.

Steps to reproduce:
- Open Firefox or Thunderbird
- Maximize the window of either(Ff/Tb) (Full screen, NOT F11 full screen though ;))
- Either hit the Maximize button or double click the window bar, both work the same, to ensure smaller size of window in alternate.
- Maximize window again, using dbl click or Maximize button
- Close Firefox/Thunderbird in fully maximized state
- Re-open in same session or logoff and then re-open, results are the same
- Note that Firefox or Thunderbird are fully maximized upon launch, <good>
- try to "normal size" the window via double click of the window bar or maximize button <bad>
- An attempt to recall the last known window size will be attempted, noted by a quick flash of previous window size. But will FAIL, and use entire usable desktop area. Similar to being Maximized.
- Repeated clicks of the window bar or the button result in the same action.

Anyone know anything about this? or seeing this type behavior. I have been seeing it since my first install of F8.

Seve
16th December 2007, 01:58 AM
Hello:
No idea, however, from time to time your /home/username/.mozilla/xxxxnnn.default/localstore.rdf
gets messed up
With all instances of firefox / tbird closed, rename your localstore.rdf file to something else, then restart firefox and see if there is any difference.

Seve

likuidkewl
16th December 2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks, but no deal mate same results.

likuidkewl
16th December 2007, 07:04 PM
Filed - Bugzilla Bug 425850