package gnome-python2-gnomevfs

when I checked I found this rpm is already installed,
rpm -q gnome-python2
gnome-python2-2.18.1-1.fc7

Any ideas?
Regards,

JN4OldSchool
28th November 2007, 04:05 PM
sometimes the error messages are logically backwards. You have package gnome-python2-2.18.1-1.fc7 (I do not know this as fact, but thios is what happens...) but yum wants to update it for a dep on another package. However package gnomevfs is locking it in. Usually (and I stress usually) this will work out in a day or so when package gnomevfs also gets updated. For now, I would suggest using yumex (yum install yumex) and try running the update from that. Using hit and miss methods you can usually isolate the problem package and update everything else. this is common and is really not a big issue.

FriedChips
28th November 2007, 04:22 PM
try:

yum update --exclude=gnome-python2

linuxman11
29th November 2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the quick help you provided,

> yum update --exclude=gnome-python2

I tried so but yum insist on the same error message,
sometimes the error messages are logically backwards. You have package gnome-python2-2.18.1-1.fc7

>(I do not know this as fact, but thios is what happens...) but yum wants to update it for a dep on another >package. However package gnomevfs is locking it in. Usually (and I stress usually) this will work out in >a day or so when package gnomevfs also gets updated. For now, I would suggest using yumex (yum >install yumex) and try running the update from that. Using hit and miss methods you can usually
>isolate the problem package and update everything else. this is common and is really not a big issue.

Thanks and I will try, Anyway you gave good informations.

linuxman11
11th December 2007, 03:50 PM
Dear Fedora users, Although the problem has been solved but I wanted to say how this was done so may be another user face it later. This problem happened when I was upgrading Fedora 7 to 8 through yum. When I removed that package " gnome-python2 " and reinstalled it the error was the same. Anyway i thought to remove it manually I found the gnome may will not work because of the dependencies issues, I thought if this will happen it will not be a problem and I can install the package again from run level 3 for example. I removed it manually and let the yum try to solve the problem again, It didn't complain because of the package and it replaced it with it's alternative from Fedora 8 and the problem has gone.