PDA

View Full Version : Quick Launch for KDE

fnmblot
28th November 2007, 03:22 PM
On Windows there is the quick launch toolbar, next to the Start button. Is there an app like that on KDE? I swear I have seen that on one of the random shots here, but didn't find out what the app name was. I know how to add app links to the toolbar, but I want the small icons to save space on the toolbar. Does anyone know where that app might be or called?

William Haller
28th November 2007, 03:51 PM
Right click in the window. The applet used to be called the run applet, but I don't see it in the list either. If it existed before the F8 upgrade, it still works.

Try adding
[Applet_5]
ConfigFile=run_panelappletrc
DesktopFile=runapplet.desktop
FreeSpace2=1
WidthForHeightHint=118

in your ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc file (substituting the next availabe applet number instead of the 5 in the Applet_5 when KDE isn't up and see if that works.

Try starting with a
[General]

in ~/.kde/share/config/run_panelappletrc

There is also a quick launcher applet - right click in the task bar and click on add applet

bbfuller
28th November 2007, 04:18 PM
In KDE the area to the right of the main menu button is also a "Quick Launch" area. Just drag icons into it, either from the desktop or main menu.

Right click on them to remove them.

As KDE is usually installed by Fedora that are has a couple of icons already, The "Home" icon for the file browser and the Konqueror Web Browser button.

See snapshot where Firefox has been added to the standard icons.

fnmblot
28th November 2007, 04:40 PM
I know how to add apps to the toolbar. I would like something like in the attachment here. See how the icons are small and stacked?