PDA

View Full Version : Miro help

BattleStarJesus
28th November 2007, 03:44 AM
Gnafu the Great introduced me Miro the other day and it looks superb! Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to play videos. It starts fine, and downloads fine too. The problem is that it will not play videos. It does not crash or give me any error message. The screen where the video would play blinks for an instant and that is all.

The videos play fine on Mozilla, Opera, XINE, and VLC. I do not know how to configure Miro properly so that it will play the videos.

sys0pc64
18th December 2007, 04:21 PM
I agree, Miro is a very nice program and I use it regularly.

I am going to ask the obvious question, do you have all the standard codecs installed?

If the videos download fine, try opening them with VLC or Xine, which you may have done already.

The video download location is defined in your preferences in Miro.

fakie_flip
9th January 2008, 08:09 AM
Gnafu the Great introduced me Miro the other day and it looks superb! Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to play videos. It starts fine, and downloads fine too. The problem is that it will not play videos. It does not crash or give me any error message. The screen where the video would play blinks for an instant and that is all.

The videos play fine on Mozilla, Opera, XINE, and VLC. I do not know how to configure Miro properly so that it will play the videos.

How did you install it?

marie@dk
24th July 2008, 09:24 PM
I had the exact same problem as BattleStarJesus... This is how I got Miro playing:

To use Miro, you need to install the following packages:

miro
xine
xine-lib-extras
xine-lib-extras-nonfree

In fedora 8 go to Applications->Add/Remove Software
In fedora 9 go to System->Administration->Add/Remove Software