PDA

View Full Version : fedora 8 apollon and gift and plugins

davfel
26th November 2007, 09:45 AM
Hi,

has anyone been successful with apollon and its plugins for fedora?
If so maybe you can steer me to a guide on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Dangermouse
26th November 2007, 10:57 AM
Hello, i have tried several times in the past with no luck, try using amule, or frostwire, though id like to know the answer myself as well.

HaydnH
26th November 2007, 01:36 PM
What's the problem you're having? Installing it with "yum install apollon apollon-libs" works and runs fine although I haven't tried downloading anything.

BTW, I prefer mldonkey as a backend with sancho as a gui - works well for me a and means I can run the backend on my NAS box and use a gui on my laptop to connect to it.

Dangermouse
26th November 2007, 04:16 PM
Well heres how i got apollon running with gnutella

su
yum -y install gift gift-gnutella apollon
in a normal terminal

gift-setup
make sure you read and answer 1 for the first question and when it comes to the main plugins enter

Gnutella
the rest i just did default by just hitting enter, but its up you what you put but id advise you carefully go through each option, and hopefully it should work, there is other plugins etc but i havent got to that. if anyone knows a easier,better way please tell me as this way is to long, also it did take a while the first time for it to connect.

davfel
26th November 2007, 05:04 PM
hi,

well, i haven't been able to get fasttrack or openft to connect. i have gotten gnutella to connect and i can share up and search but nothing ever downloads.

any ideas?

dave

Dangermouse
26th November 2007, 05:27 PM
Just got back (dog walking), same here ill let you know if i find anything (vice versa?)

davfel
26th November 2007, 05:59 PM
yrs if i find anything

ty

davfel
26th November 2007, 06:08 PM
hi,
well it appears that I can download if I click on search results with more than 1 slot.....not totally sure if this is true. Here are some screen shots of diffent things. Notice only one network is active (gnutella).
file:///home/davfel/Desktop/Screenshot.png
file:///home/davfel/Desktop/Screenshot-1.png
file:///home/davfel/Desktop/Screenshot-2.png

thanks,

I'll keep trying things

davfel
26th November 2007, 07:24 PM
well at least i know why they call it gift....its a gift from god if you get this fully functioning
lol

dave

Dangermouse
26th November 2007, 07:29 PM
Im beginning to think your right there (its a gift from god if you get this fully functioning)its not firewall ports etc, on comp or router maybe its the isp,s or something.