PDA

View Full Version : yum update stopped working on Fedora 7

mcgd
26th November 2007, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else - have searched in vain. I'm running Fedora 7 x64, and have done a yum update for the first time in a few weeks.

When I try to run it, it starts looking for lots of Fedora 8 packages, but it is still searching in the Fedora 7 directory. So I get lots of things that look like this:

http://www.filearena.net/pub/fedora/updates/7/x86_64/kdeutils-3.5.8-2.fc7.i386.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:40:52 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_perl/1.30 PHP/4.4.7 with Suhosin-Patch

I'm not sure why it's picking up Fedora 8 packages as updates to Fedora 7, when the files aren't in the F7 directory. What should I do about this? I'm not sure if I want to try an update to Fedora 8 at the moment. Does the release of F8 mean that F7 updates will stop working? A bit confused here - haven't been running yum across the release of a new version before.

bob
26th November 2007, 02:49 PM
You've got FileArena set up as a repository. I'd start there and check to see what's 'enabled' for that repo. Might have been something in 'testing' or 'development' that you wanted back then and forgot to change 'enabled=1' back to 'enabled=0' in it's /etc/yum.repos.d

mcgd
27th November 2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks Bob, looks like the FileArena repository I was using (hosted by my ISP) has somehow become stuck half-updated from the main one. I thought I tried the normal Fedora repositories earlier and found the same thing happening, but anyway now at least it looks like just this one is out of sync.

Looks like I'm getting F8 rpms now. When I succeed in doing a full update will I be running F8?